Monday, March 4, 2013

The View from Växjö

A few pictures and video from Växjö and the surrounding area:

 Traveling by train in Sweden looks like this much of the time. Trees and snow and an occasional building.

On the train to Växjö

Arriving in town near the travel depot.

Unique architecture at the travel depot.

First order of business: Dinner. A chicken, banana, pineapple, and peanut pizza. Savory, sweet, and packed with protein - and maybe a little fat too.


Enjoy the silence. The sound is working on this clip. Walking on a pedestrian path during sunset.


Home Sweet Home. Evedals is located just outside of the city. I called the hostel's number, the person gave me a code over the phone, and I retrieved my key from a locked box near the door. I was told I could pay in the morning.

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture of you on the train...you look gorgeous and none the worse for wear from your early troubles in Gnosjö! The pizza looks like something you'd order....you just do that so no one will want a piece, huh?! Kidding! Keep writing, loving the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might just order those foods so I don't have to share... ;o) It's a tasty combination though. I'm sure if I offered you a piece, you wouldn't try it anyway! Missing out.

      Delete
  2. Banana pizza? Really crazy. Never seen before :)

    Katja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could take a trip north and try it out. :oD The sweet banana and pineapple blends nicely with the chicken and peanuts.

      Delete