Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Concert, A Bed, and the Mission Church in Gnosjö

I currently find myself in the town of Gnosjö, a small town in the lower central part of Sweden. It's also on the way to Växjo. The mission church in the area had a concert last night and the guest speaker was Jenny Berggren. I read a quote about Melodifestivalen from artist Louise Hoffsten, one of the finalists in the contest a few weeks back. She said it is difficult to put on concerts while Melodifestivalen is on TV. So why not see what a Saturday night concert looks like when one of the programs is on TV? Instead of watching Melodifestivalen last night, I was at the concert in the church.

I've had a memorable time here at the church so far. I got here yesterday and haven't left since. Yes, I stayed overnight. I will explain how that came about a bit later. For now, it's time for breakfast and in  45 minutes, the church service begins. After the morning service, I will head to Växjo and from there, I will tell you about my time in Gnosjö.

No comments:

Post a Comment