Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunny Stockholm

It's another blue sky day in Stockholm.  Today marks my last full day in the city until I begin my travel back home. I just said goodbye to Alexander,  my last CouchSurfing host. He took me out for a mini semla before we parted ways at the central station.

Alexander showed me several sights around town, including the Royal Library, which was a first for me. We ate at several nice places in town and enjoyed chatting about Sweden, the Netherlands, and the United States during our walks. Alexander is currently in an intense study period for his engineering exams. Even though he's busy with his studies, he took time out to show me around Stockholm. For that and all his hospitality, I am grateful!

Opinions about last night's Mello show are still going strong. Everyone at the central station and on the subway was talking about the show after Alexander and I left the student center. The biggest point of conversation was the international jury vote. This contest marks only the third time since 2005 where the official jury's vote changed the end result. This isn't sitting well with the public, since many people feel the general public should have the final say. A few of the newspapers are reporting difficulties voting as well. I sent in a few votes myself and am unsure if any of those made it through. That's not real news though. It happens every year. When you have a million votes trying to get through in an hour and a half, some just won't make it.

I hear there's a song church service at nearby St. Clara church in about an hour. I'll head there and then it's off to find a few interesting things to bring home to family and friends.


2 comments:

  1. Reading your blog is always better than reading a good book! :-)
    I love it!
    Have a safe trip back home Sara!

    Valerio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Valerio! I'm glad you enjoy reading it. I've had fun writing it. I'll continue writing for a few more days after I get back since I have more to say! As always! ;o)

      Delete