Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Telenor Tech

My phone is now loaded and ready for voting tonight, thanks to Patrik, my tech guide at Telenor, a Swedish phone and tech company. I pulled out a two year old router and a five year old phone and set them on the counter. "Is there any hope to get these two working again?", I asked. With a few clicks of the keyboard and my handy EMV credit card, he brought them both back to life for me.

Patrik wanted to know what I planned to do with the cash I loaded on my SIM card and I was too happy to oblige his question. We talked about Melodifestivalen and me missing thirty one years of voting, for which I will catch up tonight. He said he didn't even know the contest was in town. I nearly dropped my jaw, but Patrik is not a fan of the contest. He follows Eurovision, but Mello is not his thing. Fair enough.

We chatted about the US as well. He's a fan of Miami while his wife prefers New York. Now, it was his turn to be surprised when I told him I had never been to either Miami or New York or even Los Angeles. Well, I have been all over Sweden. He still prefers the States. You always want what you don't already have, I suppose.




No comments:

Post a Comment