Friday, February 22, 2013

Fan Geek Travel

What do you do when you have a 2 1/2 hour flight to Philly? You break out the pen, paper, and your inner fan geek.

You know where my allegiance lies

Melodifestivalen fans love to show support for their favorite artists. You'll see signs and banners with artist names written on them, like my sign. They get much fancier than this though. They can also be an afterthought. During the second week show, someone used the bottom of a pizza box as a sign. 

I couldn't let the opportunity to make my own sign pass me by. I spent the entire flight with three pieces of paper and a Sharpie. The marker is almost out of ink now. Fan geeks unite!

I won't be making any more signs during my flight to Amsterdam. It's now 3 am in both my head and central Europe, which means I'be sleeping on this flight. Or at least attempting it. So, a goodnight to you! It's time to fly and dream. We'll meet up again at Schiphol Airport mid-morning.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Europe :-)

    Greetings Katja from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katja,

    I am quite happy to be here. Thanks for the welcome!

    ReplyDelete